I’m sure most of us are probably still in the post-Halloween candy coma right? We are. It was a great night, and the kids were happy that Daddy got to join us, even though it was after we were already out. Something is better than nothing in the military world right? I had some friends over for some pre-Trick or Treating dinner, apple cider and the like. I made my great-grandmother’s peanut butter candy (I’ll be blogging about that later) but it totally didn’t come out right. It’s super tricky, and it was my first time trying it. Fingers crossed for next time.
Now on to the Fill-In!! If you’re a mil-spouse/girlfriend/fiance and blog, this is super fun and I discovered so many great military blogs through this fill-in.
1. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed?It was a pretty crazy month last month, I wish my mom could have stayed longer when she visited 🙂 it was fun.
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in October?
well, my mom came to visit!!! yay!!! when went to The National Cathedral, Ford’s Theater, visited family in West Virginia. It was great.
**FYI, Woodrow Wilson is in a tomb in the worship area of The National Cathedral…cool in a weird creepy way that only a super nerd history person would love
3. What dish makes the Thanksgiving holiday for you? (Bonus points if you share the recipe.) – Courtesy of To the Nth
Definitely my mom’s Apple Pie. Its my first time not being home for Thanksgiving, but a plus is that Christopher is home, so I’m on my own for the apple pie. And its just the good ‘ole Red and White checked Betty Crocker cookbook.
4. Check out my post from yesterday… will you be participating in the MilSpouse Secret Santa?
Oh yeah! its my first year doing it and I’m super stoked!!
5. What are you looking forward to in November?
I’m looking forward to having the Hubby around for Thanksgiving and also the makeshift family we’ve created here. If it were ever the time to have a Thanksgiving on our own this would be the time!