If you’ve been poking around the blog for any length of time you might have noticed book reviews from time to time. Having always been a reader, discovering Goodreads a couple of years ago was like discovering the Holy Grail. Do you know how many lists I’ve made, pictures of books I’ve taken on cell-phones, mental notes that I’ve filed away in my brain? Finally I discovered a place where I can keep track of all the books I want to read. In short, if you haven’t made a Goodreads account and you love to read, then you need to get on Goodreads.
A fun thing Goodreads does is creates groups and forums on their site for an annual reading challenge. This is my third year doing it, and the first year I’ll succeed. The first year I definitely came up short – the whole being deathly ill with a Dutchess Catherine sort of morning sickness, the second year included more illness, having a baby, having surgery and moving across the country. Not exactly prime conditions for a reading challenge. This year, according to Goodreads, I’m 18% ahead of schedule! Frankly, having a blast doing it.
So here’s the books so far, most of which I’ve reviewed on here.
1. Secrets, by Robin Jones Gunn
2. A Path Toward Love – Cara Lynn James
3. Into the Crossfire – Lisa Marie Rice
4. The Seal’s Valentine – Laura Marie Altom
5. The Risk Taker – Kira Sinclair
6. Six Hours One Friday – Max Lucado
7. Manipulating the List – KB Lever
8. A Special Ops Christmas – Kristen James
9. Claiming Mariah – Pam Hillman
10. Camo Christmas – Jennifer Traveler
11. Echos – Robin Jones Gunn
12. Safe Haven – Nicholas Sparks
13. Hired By The Cowboy – Donna Alward
14. A Just Man – Helen Daniel
15. Murder on Capitol Hill – Margaret Truman
16. Murder at the Supreme Court – Margaret Truman
17. Clouds – Robin Jones Gunn
18. Waking Up Married – Mira Lyn Kelly
19. Prophecy of the Female Warrior – KA Young
Anyone else have a Goodread’s account or are participating in a reading challenge? What’s on your bookshelf right now?
You can find me on Goodreads here