Jumping back into the swing of things, I am so very happy to bring to you the third installment in my Military Support Series. In light of April being the Month of the Military Child, I thought what better organization to highlight first this month then Our Military Kids.
- 82% noticed an increase in the stress or anxiety level of their child during the parent’s deployment
- 97% indicated that participating in an activity benefited their child
- 100% found the grant application process easy
- 99% reported that participatin significantly contributed to the overall well-being of the entire family
- 99% thought the Our Military Kids program should be continued and made available to other families
If they surveyed me I’m sure they would find very similar responses. My kids are involved in Martial Arts and Awana. I know that having those things, that pattern, that stability in their lives is incredibly valuable to my children. The support that they find, that is extremely difficult for those of us not attached to a larger unit and/or on a substantial base is beyond words.
To learn more about Our Military Kids, please visit their website and here are some special links!