So I’m not sure I’m alone in this, but I love watching and reading romantic things when my hubby is gone. It’s kind of like a warm blanket Sure it makes me miss him, and I get a little sad, but sometimes a good cry and swoon is exactly what I need on a romantic day. I take my romantic movie watching very seriously so I’m preparing for, and sharing my list with you!
- When We First Met – This Netflix Original just dropped and the trailer made me laugh! There’s nothing better than starting off a galentine’s day movie event with a funny romance featuring the hilarious Adam DeVine.
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days – You can’t go wrong with this one guys. In what I consider to be the hayday of RomComs, HTLAG is one of my favorites! And that yellow dress. Raise your hand if you looked for a dress like that for a prom or something?
- Emma – While this isn’t my very favorite Austen movie, Mr. Knightly is probably perfectly cast in this version. Give me Kate Beckinsale as Emma with this Knightly and you’d have had the perfect movie.
- 13 Going on 30 – This is when I fell in love with Mark Ruffalo…enough said.
- While You Were Sleeping – Sandra Bullock back when she was absolutely perfect! This has been my favorite movie for as long as I can remember. I fall for Bill Pullman every dang time guys!
- Can’t Buy Me Love – Because not every movie you watch can be a heart wrencher. Sometimes you just need a fun 80s movie with McDreamy.
- Bridget Jones’ Diary – Because Colin Firth
- The Money Pit – see number 6
- Sabrina – Probably one of the few times I’ll say that I love the remake better than the original. While I love Audrey Hepburn, Bogart was just way to old looking.
- Mystic Pizza – A young Julia Roberts, that amazing hair and giant smile! What more do you need?
And because I love Amazon Prime, and you can find the strangest things on there to watch, I’m including a couple bonus movies from here as well!
Bonus: Amazon Prime!
- The Cutting Edge – You guys! Come on, hockey player forced to figure skate? It’s perfect to watch during the Winter Olympics!
- Legends of the Fall – On the list of movies you might not have watched because you were too young when it came out. But you have to watch it because everyone should see it.
- Little Shop of Horrors – Lighten the mood with this totally fun romantic, nerdy musical.
- Cheers for Miss Bishop – If you are a lover of old movies, Amazon Prime is a somewhat surprising haven for them. I’ve got to do a post just about all the amazing vintage flicks to watch on here. I remember watching this movie as a kid with my mom. It’s a super sweet and adorable olide.